Friday 26 January 2007

Preparation

Some Reading
I'm reading three books. The first is one my mum loved and sent to me years ago. I have started it, but it needs a few committed hours to get going. That's the City of Joy by by Dominique Lapierre. The next is on tape and so I can 'read' while pottering in the kitchen. This I am enjoying and getting something of an understanding of the history of Delhi. I'm about 1/3 the way into that and am enjoying it. This is the City of Djinns: A Year in Delhi by William Dalrymple. The last , Holy Cow! an Indian Adventure by Sara MacDonald, is irreverent, but again, I should not pass full judgement until I'm done. They're all giving me a sense of the crowds and noise we'll no doubt encounter. My world is very quiet and peaceful; morning walks along the Crane River.

Raising Funds...
On Friday, 26th January we'll be building our shelter for the night. More detail on that in the post below which is from our flyer. It might be a bit icy overnight, as we've had snow this week and the temperature has dropped to seasonal degrees around zero (Celcius) for the first time this season. I think it'll be fun and a good opportunity for getting to know the team, specially as we've only met briefly on a few occasions.
More later.

No comments: